We’ve all heard of animal rescue stories. They are stories that capture our hearts and tug on our emotions. For the most part, animals are pretty indifferent when they are rescued for whatever reason. Especially very wild animals. But every so often there are stories where animals thank their rescuers.
Animal shelters are always in need of generous, patient, adopting parents who are willing to put a little extra love into some dogs who came from abusive homes or were left astray. However, what about other animals in the wild that might need some extra love?
The following 12 animals come from every part of the globe, and miraculously they also manage to thank their rescuers in their own little way.
1) This squirrel named Bella has been visiting the Brantley for the last 8 years after they found her injured from an owl. It took them 5 months to nurse the squirrel back to health before they said goodbye and released her into the wild. However, Bella wasn’t so easily dissuaded. She comes to visit them every day!
2) This rescued swan was stuck in a fence for several hours before her rescuer Richard Weeze came and found a way to release her. She showed her thanks by wrapping herself around his neck. Very un-swan like behavior, as we’d expect them to hiss at you and try to kill you.
3) During a cold spell, this elderly woman gave out food to this large wild deer. It now visits regularly to show its appreciation… and also to fil its tummy.
4) Often, Vet Techs are feared by our pets because of needles or any other traumatic experiences that might follow. However, this good boy decided to show his thanks to his Vet for doing a good job by giving him little head cuddles. So cute!
5) This dog named Marvin is an older dog who had little hope of being rescued. That didn’t stop his owner. Now Marvin shows his appreciation by grabbing every cuddle possible.
6) This Kangaroo named Abigail was rescued and brought to the Alice Springs Reserve in Australia. It has been hugging her rescuers every day since she was 5 months old. Clearly, kangaroo hugs are the cutest hugs.
7) This dog named Nora is a survivor of abuse from her previous owners. Her new owners quickly discovered that she’s fearful and distrusting of most people, except for their son who is a 1-year-old named Archie. Now they’re inseparable!
8) Soldiers in the Brazilian Army found this Jaguar as a baby clinging to life in the nearby rainforest. They nursed her back to health, and because she’s not accustomed to living in the wild, the local government let them keep her. Now she’s part of their crew and very thankful.
9) This beautiful black kitty is named Rademenesa who came to the rescue shelter in very poor condition. Now, she helps other animals who come to the shelter who need urgent care. She’s a comfort kitty! How adorable! What a great way to show thanks!
10) You’d never know it, but this puppy named Jake was trapped inside a burning barn. He was rescued by firefighters in very poor condition. After taking care of him, Jake is now a firefighter dog along with his rescuers!
11) This baby moose was rescued from a mud hole by this man, and now they come to visit him on a semi regular basis to show thanks.
12) This whale was trapped inside an industrial fishing net. It took several divers almost an hour to cut it loose, but afterwards the whale seemingly reached out to touch the divers as thanks. Later, the whale leaped out of the water to give them a beautiful show. Unbelievable!